Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reflection on Microteaching

Peer’s evaluation:
Strengths of my lesson:

It’s interesting, engaging, and fun to follow activity
Good time management

Clear explanation
Visual demonstration and hands-on activities


Areas need further work and development:
Could be a little louder voice (hard to hear in a noisy classroom)

Maybe give a little history of origami

Maybe give students chances to learn it on their own by looking at the handout


Self assessment:

Things went well in my lesson:

Time management was good.

I made sure everyone followed me step-by-step so no one was behind.

Everyone made their own origami by the end of lesson


If I were to teach again, I would work to improve it by:
More information about origami, such as the history of origami

If I got more time, I’ll have a fun activity at the end by using the origami they just made

Here are some things I reflected on based on my peers’ feedback:
I should work on voice, speak louder next time.
Most people think the learning object was clear, but some think it’s not too clear, so I could talk a bit more about origami before I start to teach them how to fold a motorboat.

Most people think it’s a good way to show the origami I made in order to catch people’s attention and interests. Also, most people think it's good that I check to see how everyone was progressing and provide a useful link for people who are interested in origami.


No comments:

Post a Comment