Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Two of my most memorable math teachers


One of my most memorable teachers is my junior math teacher, Mr. Hsu. He is really strict; I think he is the strictest teacher I ever had, but he is really reasonable. He has great knowledge in math. His thoughts are clear, and he is really good at explaining math concepts, he makes sure everyone understands them. He gives us a lot of homework since he says math need a lot of practice in order to be good at it. Most students don’t really like him at that time because everyone thinks he gives us too much homework, yet unbelievable he is the one who builds my cornerstone for math! I learn so much from him. I realize I have a strong math basic skill after I go into senior math class. He makes me realize that no pain, no gain. I have to admit that I don’t really like him that much at that time, but now I really thank him for what he taught me!


My second most memorable math teacher is Mrs. C. She is so passionate about math, and she knows the subject really well. Her writing is neat, and notes are really organized and clear. It’s surprised how often I refer back to her notes later on. During the class, she sometimes told us a lot of stories/experience she has, which made the class so much fun! Also, she is really approachable and always concerns about students. She is available after school if someone needs helps. She has such a great rapport with students!! Everyone just loves her!

Even thought the personalities are so different between these two wonderful teachers, but both of them have great knowledge in math and good at explaining the concepts! In order to be a great math teacher, we not only have to know our subject well, but also have to know how to explain clearly so students can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment