Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Peer Evaluation and Reflection on Mircroteaching in Arithmetic Sequence

Peer Evaluation:
Pros:
- Clear explanations
- Good worksheets for students to follow
– step by step helps to develop good understanding for arithmetic sequence
- Good description of concept
- Good logic
- Definitions were good
- Good preparation work and well thought out
- Class was engaged

Cons:
- Not receptive to questions
- Should speak louder
- Lost control at times
- Should have more organized writing

Suggestions:
- Less lecturing, more activities
- Helping aids such as visuals
- Make eye-contact with everyone

My reflection:
Most of our classmates like the worksheet we provided, and the worksheet really helps them to follow what we were doing. This part went well as we thought. However, there are something didn’t go really well and need improvements. I didn’t know that my writing was not really organized until I read my peers’ evaluation. Then I think back to what I did, I agree that I should write in order, not jumping around, and I use the whole board to avoid confusion. I will definitely keep this in mind next time. Also, I found out it’s hard to teach when someone else in the other side of the room was teaching at the same time. It made my classmate hard to hear what I said, and I didn’t realize some of them have hard time listen to me. I should talk louder. Overall, I think the microteaching went well and the classmates are really supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment